Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Network
Electronic Newsletter 200011
"May The Peace Of The Season Settle Gently On Your Home"
SIDS Network Web Site Sponsorship
For the month of November 2000 the SIDS Network web site is sponsored by
family and friends in loving memory of Eliza Michelle Elias Arpie and all SIDS
For the month of December 2000 the SIDS Network web site is sponsored by
Bright Beginnings in loving memory of Zackary Shane Herkins.
Information about sponsorship of the web site can be found at: http://sids-network.org/your_donation_can_help_the_sids_.htm
Download materials for use in your program.
Visit their web site at:
2. Great on-line information to help ensure cultural issues are addressed when you are working with people!
The SIDS/ID component of the National Center for Cultural Competence (NCCC) has a mission to increase the capacity of SIDS/ID programs health care programs to design, implement and evaluate culturally competent service delivery systems.
The NCCC is a component of the Georgetown University Child Development
Center, Center for Child Health and Mental Health Policy, and is housed within
the Department of Pediatrics of the Georgetown University Medical Center.
Several ready-to-use, cutting edge resources are available on the NCCC web
- Linguistic Competence In Primary Health Care Delivery Systems: Implications for Policy Makers http://www.dml.georgetown.edu/depts/pediatrics/gucdc/ncccpolicy2.html
- Promoting Cultural Diversity and Cultural Competency; Includes a
checklist intended to heighten the awareness and sensitivity of personnel to the
importance of cultural diversity and cultural competence in human service
settings. It provides concrete examples of the kinds of values and practices
that foster such an environment.
- Getting Started: Planning, Implementing and Evaluating Culturally
Competent Service Delivery Systems in Primary Health Care Settings; Designed to
assist programs and organizations which are concerned with the delivery of
primary and community-based health care, to begin strategic development of
policies, structures, procedures and practices that support cultural and
- A Planner's Guide: Infusing Principles, Content and Themes Related to Cultural and Linguistic Competence into Meetings and Conferences http://www.dml.georgetown.edu/depts/pediatrics/gucdc/ncccplannersguide.html
- Web & Print Resources
Read more about this area on the SIDS Network web site at: http://sids-network.org/nccc.htm
You can read, download, and share a variety of articles related to Facing Holidays and Special Occasions. Those articles are:
- "Surviving the Holidays After SIDS" http://sids-network.org/survhol.htm
- "Facing Anniversaries, Holidays, and Special Events" http://sids-network.org/facing.htm
- "Holidays, A Difficult Challenge" http://sids-network.org/difficult.htm
- Grief Information http://sids-network.org/grief.htm
- Frequently Asked Questions - Parent to Parent, "What suggestions
do you have for facing holidays and anniversaries?
Please feel free to share any suggestions by sending the SIDS Network an e-mail message with "Facing Holidays and Anniversaries" as the topic to: sidsnet1-at-sids-network-dot-org
Exclusive SIDS Network Logo t-shirts now available for small donation!
Help ensure continued global SIDS/Infant Death support and education through your donation!
Heavyweight cotton/polyester blend available in L and XL
- Classic Teal (white heart/gold lettering)
- Classic Olive (teal heart/black lettering)
Order now while they last!
Your help is needed to make this event a success.
Read the latest Safety Commission recalls, alerts, and news.
- Shop brand name stores at the SIDS Network on-line store, save and help the SIDS Network (portions of each sale benefits the SIDS Network): http://www.sids-network.greatergood.com/
- Buy books through Amazon.com and support the SIDS Network Many books, videos, and other media can be ordered directly through Amazon.com, the leading Internet source of books. A portion of your sale will directly benefit the SIDS Network if you order items by following links from the SIDS Network web site to the Amazon.com web site. A list of suggested books with links to Amazon.com can be found at: http://sids-network.org/books.htm
Your donation can help the SIDS Network’s award winning Internet services ... throughout your area, across the United States, and around the world!
Each dollar counts. Any donation, no matter how small makes a difference.
A secure credit card donation can be made at: http://sids-network.org/paypal.htm
or Please mail your donation to:
Additional opportunities to help can be found at: http://sids-network.org/your_donation_can_help_the_sids_.htm and http://sids-network.org/
You have just finished reading the Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Network Electronic Newsletter. This newsletter is available on the Web site at http://sids-network.org/newsletter/ . If you come across articles or information on SIDS, please e-mail the information to sidsnet1-at-sids-network-dot-org . We send this newsletter to interested people through several e-mail mailing list sources. Because of this, you may receive more than one copy. We apologize for this inconvenience. You may remove yourself from the SIDS Network e-mail mailing list by unsubscribing at the SIDS Network home page: http://sids-network.org at the "Join List:Listbot" button.
Now you can translate SIDS Network Web Site pages to/from English, Spanish, French, German, Italian & Portuguese
©1995-2017, SIDS Network, Inc. <http://sids-network.org>